A security vulnerability has been found in a component used by the SonicOS operating system used in SonicWall firewall appliances. SonicWall has made a free patch available and strongly advises applying it immediately. If your SpeedLine network includes a SonicWall appliance (note that some of these appliances may be branded with the Dell name), read on for steps to secure it. This is a PCI-affecting security patch notification. If your network does not include a SonicWall, this advisory does not apply to you.
Read the security advisory about the URGENT/11 vulnerability issued by SonicWall: SonicWall Firewall - Management Vulnerabilities.
As it involves a security device bordering the Cardholder Data Environment (CDE), this is a PCI-affecting security patch notification.
To Apply the Free Patch for the Vulnerability:
- Look up which version of the patch you need in the table on the SonicWall Firewall - Management Vulnerabilities page.
- If unsure which version of SonicOS you have, find steps in the How to check the current firmware version of your SonicWall article.
- You will need to log in to or create an account on MySonicWall.com to download the patch. To create an account, go to MySonicWall.com and click the Sign Up link.
- Read the steps or watch the video explaining how to install the patch: See the How to Update SonicOS Firmware SonicWall Knowledge Base article.
- You will need the Administration login for your SonicWall firewall.
Help: If you need assistance downloading or applying the SonicOS vulnerability patch, please contact SpeedLine Support at email@example.com.