If you are processing contactless payments using an Ingenico iPP320 PIN pad, please be aware that Visa, MasterCard, and American Express have recently mandated that all contactless (tap) payments be processed using Contactless EMV. See Visa’s reminder to customers: https://usa.visa.com/dam/VCOM/regional/na/us/run-your-business/documents/emv-newsletter-jan2019.pdf.
Stores that process contactless payments but do not use Contactless EMV are at risk of fines from the card brands. Worldpay will note any potential fines on your statement. An upcoming Worldpay update will enable EMV contactless payments for customers on the Worldpay Express platform. Read on for your options.
Currently the Worldpay Datacap/MercuryPay platform using the Ingenico iPP320 PIN pad processes contactless payments using MSD (Magnetic Stripe Data), which is less secure. This does not meet Visa and MasterCard’s new requirement that contactless payments must be processed using EMV. Worldpay has no plans to support this required functionality for the iPP320 on the Datacap/MercuryPay platform.
As a result, customers using the Worldpay Datacap/MercuryPay platform in conjunction with the Ingenico iPP320 PIN pad have the following options to avoid potential processor fines:
- Option 1: Customers can disable MSD Contactless by contacting Worldpay Support directly. Contact Worldpay Customer Care at 800-846-4472 for this option.
- Option 2: Migrate to Worldpay Express through re-injection of existing Worldpay Datacap/MercuryPay iPP320 EMV PIN pads.
- Cost for re-injecting is $50 plus return shipping per PIN pad.
- The re-injection process typically takes 3 weeks from the time the equipment is shipped to the injection facility.
- During this time, you will need to contact Worldpay Support to complete the account changes with them, and then provide the new account setup information to SpeedLine Support to schedule the migration.
- Begin the re-injection process by contacting SpeedLine After-Market Sales at: 1-888-400-9185 ext. 3605, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Option 3: Migrate from Datacap/MercuryPay to Worldpay Express, and purchase new iPP320 EMV PIN pads through the SpeedLine Customer Online Store. Contact SpeedLine After-Market Sales at: 1-888-400-9185 ext. 3605, or email: email@example.com.
As noted above, continuing to process using MSD Contactless exposes merchants to fines from Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. Worldpay reports that the card brands have already begun issuing warnings and fines.
If you have questions regarding this policy, please contact Worldpay Customer Care at 800-846-4472.