The last few months have been hard on the restaurant industry, and so we decided to check in on the pizza industry. We sent out surveys to restaurant owners around the US and asked them how their restaurant has been performing.
We received 140 responses, and compiled them together in the following infographic.
A few interesting points to note:
- More than half of the restaurants surveyed reported that their sales increased following the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 65% added a contactless delivery option, where customers pre-pay and have their deliveries placed at a pre-selected location for them to collect. Of those surveyed that added contactless delivery, 54% of them saw an increase in sales.
- 60% offered curbside pick-up, where customers can wait in their cars for their take out orders. Of those surveyed that added curbside pick-up, 51% saw an increase in sales.
- 57% offered delivery only using their in-house drivers, and 37% offered delivery using both in-house drivers and third-party sites. Of those restaurants surveyed, more pizzerias that offer delivery in-house saw an increase in sales than those that don’t.
- Only 6% of pizzerias surveyed don't charge for delivery, while 94% do charge for delivery in some way. They either use a flat rate (60%) or base it on delivery zones (34%).
- 68% of pizzerias surveyed have between 1 and 5 delivery drivers on a busy night, and 86% reported Fridays as their busiest night.
Posted on Thu, Aug 20, 2020 @ 09:08 AM.
Updated on August 24, 2020 @ 4:16 PM PST.