Gone are the days of effectively running a pizza delivery operation with a pad of paper and a rotary phone.
Today, your business is sharing space with Amazon and Uber. And as a result, your customers’ expectations around delivery are very different today than they were a few years ago.
To compete in this new delivery space, a Visual Dispatch system gives you an edge. This can make it easier to plan routes and pair nearby orders for efficient delivery.
It’s simple to use:
- First, set visual alerts or color coding in the POS for a clear view of orders sitting too long in the kitchen, or drivers running late on deliveries. With just a glance at the screen, you can spot a situation sooner so you can do something about it.
- Draw (and refine!) your delivery zones any time, on an online map. Set fees and restrictions by zone.
- An optional expeditor screen gives you an interactive map view of your orders for easy grouping of orders and efficient dispatch.
- Add a live digital wall map on a large-screen TV for instant visibility into delivery volume by zone.
- Send driving directions to your drivers’ phones for safe and easy hands-free navigation. Avoiding missed turns and lost drivers keeps your customers happy and your costs down. And your pizza hot!
- Your customers receive an automated email with an updated ETA as their order is dispatched. This helps manage customer expectations behind the scenes so you spend less time fielding time-consuming callbacks.
Posted on Wed, Nov 23, 2016 @ 12:11 PM.
Updated on July 14, 2020 @ 5:28 PM PST.