POSITION: Software Developer - Co-op REPORTS TO: Development Manager
LOCATION: Abbotsford Office
Like pizza? Help us build the software restaurant companies use to deliver 2 million pizzas every week.
SpeedLine is the leading provider of innovative point of sale (POS) software to pizza restaurant chains across North America. We're looking for a talented software developer to join our experienced Abbotsford team on a 4 month co-operative education term.
At SpeedLine, we’re passionate about delivering products and services that make our clients successful. That’s our mission, and we work hard to achieve it. We work full, busy days, but long hours are not in our DNA. We believe in work/life balance, and we live it.
Our expanding Development team is seeking an outstanding software developer co-op student to help tackle the exciting technical opportunities ahead. You will be a key part of flexible teams, developing a cloud-enabled platform in a highly collaborative environment. If you’re interested in innovating and gaining experience in a complex and ever-changing global industry, we'd like to talk with you.
Contribute to the development of the SpeedLine product architecture. We are constantly experimenting with technologies.
Right now, we are heavily engaged in development using:
- A wide array of Amazon AWS services including Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, CloudFront
- Node.js, TypeScript
- Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL
- Develop, modify, integrate and maintain a wide range of software features within SpeedLine's cloud enabled POS product line
- Work with management personnel and project teams to clarify project intent and determine programming requirements
- Deliver quality source code in a structured and growing development shop - a continuous integration environment with automated testing
- Design and develop data structures, algorithms, user interfaces, etc.
- Write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections
- Improve your skills and be mentored by others through peer code reviews
- Knowledgeable in programming languages, coding techniques, and testing techniques
- Self-motivated and can effectively manage time in a fast paced environment
- Strong logical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Database programming experience
- Experience with Object Oriented Design (OOD)
- Understand basic fundamentals of Cloud computing (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Knowledgeable in one or more of the following:
If you are committed to teamwork and excellence, and are interested in working for a company where you are supported to write high-quality code, we would love to hear from you.
Apply Online or Apply by Email
- To help you succeed, we provide a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a comfortable, friendly work environment.
- No telephone inquiries please.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.