Location: Abbotsford, BC
The Enterprise Account Manager is responsible for consistently achieving or exceeding customer growth, revenue, and profit margin targets from the enterprise channel.
The role finds, develops, closes, and manages large-size multi-unit accounts in the pizza and delivery restaurant industry. This includes the development and implementation of strategic account strategies, and execution of sales revenue and business development opportunities to drive sales of SpeedLine POS software solutions.
The Enterprise Account Manager works in collaboration with the CEO, Managing Director, Sales Manager, and Corporate Account Managers.
There are no positions reporting to the Enterprise Account Manager.
Include, but are not limited to, the following. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Strategic Direction & Action:
The following are responsibilities specific to the strategic direction and action of the Enterprise channel:
- Find, develop, close, manage and engage large-size multi-unit accounts.
- Accountable for delivering accurate sales forecasts by creating the systems, and discipline to work on the right opportunities in the most effective way that gets the business from enterprise accounts .
- Collaborate with the CEO, Managing Director and Sales Manager to establish strategic direction for the Sales department.
- Develop, implement, report on and manage strategies focused on revenue driving activities.
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships towards leveraging revenue opportunities from external partners that can influence and refer.
- Champion business development in the organization, creating long-term value from customers, markets, and relationships.
- Develop and lead competitive intelligence initiatives including extracting business intelligence from sources and recommending strategies for developing and implementing approved initiatives.
- Find new customers and extract more value from current ones.
- Determine where new enterprise customers “live” (positioning) and find a way to reach them.
- Build and leverage relationships founded on trust and integrity to facilitate opportunities.
- Partner with the CEO and Sales Manager to effectively plan and execute net new business strategies that have us ‘first at the table’ for our target market.
- Partner with the Sales Manager to review and evaluate and analyze market conditions.
- Develop strategic account plans designed to increase opportunities and revenue with new enterprise clients.
- Develop strategies to quantify and qualify new enterprise clients.
- Develop RFP opportunities through client meetings.
- Articulate the SpeedLine platform architecture, and identify the SpeedLine business value.
- Travel to represent the organization at trade shows, conferences, industry events and corporate offices to engage with partners, prospects and customers.
- Ensure company is aware of changes in external attitudes, opportunities, economic changes or other variables that would affect the funnel and pipeline.
- Review the results of marketing initiatives to establish effectiveness and recommend changes or enhancements.
- In collaboration with the Sales team, responsible for developing key customer relationships including the oversight of creating and implementing strategies for expanding the company’s customer base and retention of existing accounts.
- In partnership with the Sales Manager, develop pricing policies, including volume discounts and terms and conditions that fall within company policies.
- Take a strategic consultative approach to sales, ensuring effective mining of the designated territory and enterprise and corporate accounts.
- Constantly improve strategies and skills using critical questions to demonstrate SpeedLine’s expertise in ‘seeing inside’ a prospect’s business.
- Maximize sales and profitability by promoting product lines, capitalizing on opportunities, and continuously supporting sales process.
- Identify and qualify key prospect accounts for sales opportunities.
- Develop a good understanding of the customer's business model, process and needs analysis to determine the best solution.
Operational & Financial Effectiveness:
The following are responsibilities specific to operational and financial effectiveness:
- Assist the CEO, Managing Director and Sales Manager in annually developing the enterprise channel revenue goals, forecasts, quotas, and budget.
- Collaborate with the Sales team on new corporate and enterprise deals in the pipeline and in transitioning accounts to roll-out franchise based systems.
- Manage leads and work in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing staff to leverage leads and address the quality and quantity.
- Partner with the Marketing department to develop and execute lead, branding and marketing programs to position SpeedLine as the market leader.
- Alert the company to opportunities to showcase innovation and develop better marketing or communication collateral.
- Represent the voice of the customer to inform product development of market trends and needs.
- Liaise with the Managing Director on operational strategies either self-initiated or presented through staff.
- Maintain a high level of motivation and commitment to working with the Sales and Marketing team to help identify the needs of the customers and markets with respect to new products, sales tools, and required services.
- Partner with the Product & Development Manager to review account development requests and to identify product roadmap opportunities and strategies around how the product interacts with our customers and partners.
- Partner with the Customer Service department on services and programs to ensure proper and effective selling, supporting and setting of customer’s expectations.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of company solutions, products, features/benefits, functionality, pricing strategy, and competitive advantages and weaknesses.
- Negotiate with customers to achieve a good balance between products and services offered, profitability, and competitive market offering.
- Provide expert insights into how to run a better pizza business with POS technology.
- Build a sales funnel through constant contact with prospects.
- Track client satisfaction and initiate corrective action if needed.
- Collaborate with available resources to complete product demos, conduct a needs analysis and provide all information necessary for prospects and customers to make an informed decision.
- Ensure that all calls, contacts, and follow-up with prospects and customers are completed within guidelines.
- Document all telephone, sales activity, and follow-up calls, using the CRM.
- Create appropriate and accurate SpeedLine system configurations, quotes and proposals for prospect and customers' needs, including software, service and hardware options, as per process.
- Collaborate with the Sales Coordinator(s) to ensure proper collection of all required documentation for completed sales.
- Work closely with the Sales
- Manager and Sales Coordinator(s) to provide administrative support for proposals and other client objectives.
- Complete and provide all sales-related reports or documents as required.
- Stay current with the pizza industry through regular research (ie. reading industry magazines, reviewing credible blogs).
- Attend meetings as required.
The following are responsibilities of all SpeedLine employees:
- Champion and model the corporate vision, mission, and values as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Conduct oneself with honesty, integrity, morality, and fairness.
- Encourage by example by demonstrating commitment and dedication in all that you do.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of the position, and participate in job-related training programs or associated personal development initiatives as required.
- Maintain a strong understanding and working proficiency of the product line and all tools required to perform the job effectively.
- Stay current with, understand and adhere to all company processes, best practices, your job expectations and processes specific to your job.
- Recommend and participate in the development of company policies and procedures.
- Record all customer events and key internal projects in CRM.
- Consistently strive to improve efficiency, lower costs, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Ensures there is an active back-up plan in place for all your duties to cover absenteeism.
- Back-up Corporate Account Managers as required.
- Review email daily paying attention to detail. Flag emails for further review if time does not allow you to review it in detail upon first review.
- Effectively manage your schedule and commitments.
- Review and stay current with information on the staff intranet site (Inside SpeedLine) on a weekly basis.
- Minimum seven years proven direct solution sales experience as a hunter/rainmaker preferably with an enterprise software company, hospitality industry or similar business-to-business sales environment.
- Post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate program in a relevant business, sales, or marketing discipline.
- Strong business and financial acumen to understand how a business makes and loses money.
- Proven ability to qualify leads and opportunities that are worth pursuing.
- Proven ability to build relationships, use consultative approach to uncover prospects’ business needs and develop solutions that create sales opportunities and close deals.
- Solution, Customer Centric or Consultative Sales training.
- Proven track record to plan, manage and execute at both the strategic and operational levels.
- A self-starter who is persistent, goal oriented, enthusiastic and focused on performance.
- Previous experience in generating new business relationships through various means such as telephone and written communications, trade shows and conventions.
- Understanding of sales performance metrics and projections, and ability to analyze results and recommend/initiate changes as needed.
- Experience in choosing, deploying and using marketing and sales software applications.
- Strong consultative selling abilities, communication and interpersonal skills with a variety of individuals at all levels.
- Public speaking experience and expertise.
- Ability to understand complex technologies and interpret/communicate concepts in simple terms to staff to allow them to communicate to prospective customers on how our product would improve their business.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, leadership, motivational and team building skills.
- Good project management skills and experience.
- Proactive and energetic personality.
- Detail oriented and strong multitasking skills.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to serve as an interface for the organization.
- Available to travel on a regular basis, as required.
- Available to work a flexible schedule.
- High school graduate (Grade 12 or equivalent).
- Have and maintain a valid BC driver’s license.
- Have and maintain a valid passport.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Online or Apply by Email
- All attachments should be in PDF format.
- The email subject is the position you are applying for.
- No telephone inquiries please.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada