Location: Abbotsford Office
Full time: 40 Hours/week
At SpeedLine, we’re passionate about delivering products and services that make our clients successful. That’s our mission, and we work hard to achieve it. We’re in a dynamic slice of the software industry, creating and supporting technology solutions that help restaurant chains deliver more than two million pizzas each week.
If you are looking for an in-house Support Technician role where you are working for a company that develops, sells, and installs their own software product, and where your input and ideas can help continue to make us successful, then this role is for you.
SpeedLine has been the leading developer of pizza delivery point of sale (POS) software in North America since 1990. We are looking for Support Technicians to join our passionate, customer service focused team and contribute to our ongoing successful operation in Abbotsford, BC. Our next class starts soon—as soon as we get candidates just like you!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Helping us maintain our 97% customer satisfaction rating.
- Working on our own software – not a third party’s.
- Ensuring the ongoing successful operation of our clients’ POS systems.
- Providing hardware, software and system support to end users.
- Helping our clients minimize downtime and increase productivity.
- Providing prompt, courteous and sound technical advice.
- Minimum one year experience in a first level technical support position.
- Have and maintain a valid BC driver’s license.
- High school graduate (Grade 12 or equivalent).
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong multitasking skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Operating system, small network and system support knowledge and experience.
- Excellent typing and computer skills.
- Attentive to detail, and the ability to juggle multiple projects and react quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently, problem-solve, and perform a variety of tasks.
- Ability to serve as an interface for the organization.
- Available to work a flexible schedule. (Our call center is open 365 days a year from 6am to midnight.)
Considered an Asset:
- Knowledge of restaurant operations and the technical requirements of a successful point of sale installation.
- A post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate program in a related field.
Pay and Benefits:
- Working with our in-house developed and managed software POS systems.
- Competitive salary plus bonus incentive earnings.
- Competitive benefits package (medical and dental)
- Paid annual vacation.
- Annual compensation review.
- Group RRSP.
- Four-week paid training program.
- Ongoing refreshers and training to allow for professional growth and success.
- Regular one-on-one coaching sessions.
- Company support for employee wellness, fun, and giving back through Health & Wellness, Green, and Giving committee events and initiatives.
- Regular onsite and offsite staff social events throughout the year hosted by our Social Committee.
- Comfortable and friendly work environment.
Clearly outlining your relevant experience, please email your resume and cover letter with the subject line "Support Technician - Your Name". Please use PDF format only for attachments. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries please. Must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Online or Apply by Email
- Email your resume and cover letter, outlining your related experience, to: email@example.com.
- All attachments should be in PDF format.
- The email subject is the position you are applying for.