At SpeedLine, we’re passionate about delivering products and services that make our clients successful. That’s our mission, and we work hard to achieve it. We work full, busy days, but long hours are not in our DNA. We believe in work/life balance, and we live it.
To help you achieve your personal and professional goals, as a SpeedLine Developer, we offer the flexibility to work locally in our Fraser Valley office, remotely from home, or a combination of in-office and remote.
Our expanding Development team is seeking outstanding software developers to help tackle the exciting technical opportunities ahead. You will be a key part of flexible teams, developing a cloud-enabled platform in a highly collaborative environment.
We are constantly experimenting with technologies. Right now, we are heavily engaged in development using:
- A wide array of Amazon AWS services including Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, CloudFront
- Node.js, TypeScript
- Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL
You would have the opportunity to develop high-profile elements of the SpeedLine product architecture. Building systems at scale and deliver business-impacting projects. If you want to look back on your career and know you have played a vital role in supporting your clients’ success, this role is for you.
Some Key Responsibilities
- Application and infrastructure design, from concept through development and implementation.
- Data modeling, business logic, distributed processing to service messaging, system insights, data diagnostics, and beyond.
- In this role, you will:
- Design and implement critical cloud-enabled front-ends and/or services & libraries .
- Build front-ends and/or server & systems that leverage Amazon AWS platform offerings.
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews.
- Evangelize best practices in cloud computing and end-to-end architecture.
- Support a continuous integration environment with automated testing.
- Help build our growing development knowledge base.
- Help others around you grow as developers and be successful.
We Require You to Be:
- Passionate about solving complex challenges, fearless about asking questions when you don’t know the answers, and capable of managing your own time.
- A self-starter, proactive, organized and interested to work in a highly cross functional environment and provide creative solutions to remove roadblocks.
- To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Experience in any modern programming language.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- An open mind, always learning.
The Skills We Prefer:
- Familiarity with programming languages like Node.js, Golang, Scala, or similar.
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS platform specific offerings such as EC2, API Gateway, RDS, S3.
What We Provide:
- Opportunities to grow your knowledge and skills in cloud computing and new technologies.
- Work and Home life balance through regular work hours and vacations.
- Flexibility regarding working hours and practices with core hours.
- Ability to support employees who can’t be based in the office 5 days/week.
- Staff social events held on and off site regularly through out the year by our Social or Health and Wellness committees.
- A company that supports giving back to our community and others through our Green Committee initiatives and our Giving Team fundraising and volunteer opportunities.
- Healthcare benefits.
If you are committed to teamwork and excellence, and are interested in working for a company where you are supported to write high-quality code, we would love to hear from you.
To help you succeed we provide a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a comfortable, friendly work environment.
Clearly outlining your relevant experience, please email your resume and cover with the subject line "Software Developer - Your Name". Please use PDF format only for attachments.
No telephone inquiries please. Must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The world market for pizza is $128 billion each year. Restaurant delivery is growing consistently in pizza, and explosively in the restaurant industry as a whole. That's great news at SpeedLine, where our local team develops, markets, and supports the leading point of sale solution for this large, technology-hungry industry. Since 1990, we have delivered software solutions to thousands of pizza, quick service, and multi-concept restaurants and chains. With more than 90% of our customers on ongoing support contracts, our service.
Apply Online or Apply by Email
- Email your resume and cover letter, outlining your related experience, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All attachments should be in PDF format.
- The email subject is the position you are applying for.