Location: Abbotsford, BC
This role is responsible for developing and closing small to mid-size multi-unit and franchise account opportunities. This includes recruiting, managing and expanding relationships to drive sales of SpeedLine point of sale solutions.
The Corporate Account Manager will work in collaboration with the Inside Sales Manager and the Enterprise Account Manager.
There are no positions reporting to the Corporate Account Manager.
Include, but are not limited to, the following. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Strategic Direction & Action:
The following are responsibilities specific to strategic direction and action:
- Develop and close opportunities with small to mid-size multi-unit restaurant concepts, and with franchisees of larger existing corporate accounts.
- Deliver an accurate sales forecast by creating the systems, and discipline to work on the right opportunities in the most effective way that gets the business.
- Take a strategic approach to sales, ensuring effective mining of the designated territory and corporate accounts.
- Partner with the Sales Manager and the Enterprise Account Manager to complete efficient Enterprise account transitions.
- Provide the Inside Sales Manager and the Enterprise Account Manager with frequent reporting about the status of the account from both the corporate and the franchise level.
- Constantly improve strategies and skills using critical questions to demonstrate SpeedLine’s expertise in ‘seeing inside’ a prospect’s business.
- Work directly with Inside Sales Manager if assistance is required in closing the corporate sale and working through the transition period from corporate to franchisees.
- Retain existing accounts through exemplary customer service.
- Follow defined Account Management Process to ensure Single Point of Contact with Corporate Accounts.
- Review and evaluate market conditions and, based on analysis, design and develop aggressive sales strategies, to increase sales volume potential.
- Articulate the SpeedLine platform architecture, and identify the SpeedLine business value.
- Field initial inquiries and escalate, as necessary, to the proper department, then provide the resolution back to the customer to close the loop.
- Partner with accounts on strategic upgrade plans.
- Travel to represent the organization at trade shows, conferences and corporate offices to engage with prospects and customers.
- Develop a good understanding of the customer's business model, process and needs analysis to determine the best solution.
Operational & Financial Effectiveness:
The following are responsibilities specific to operational and financial effectiveness:
- Consistently meet or exceed performance targets and goals as defined by the Inside Sales Manager.
- Manage leads and work in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing staff to leverage leads and address the quality and quantity.
- Work as a team, orchestrating deals over the telephone or face-to-face with prospect or customers.
- Collaborate with available resources to complete product demos, conduct a needs analysis and provide all information necessary for prospects and customers to make an informed decision.
- Ensure that all calls, contacts, and follow-up with prospects and customers are completed within guidelines set by the Inside Sales Manager.
- Document all telephone, sales activity, and follow-up calls, using the CRM.
- Create appropriate and accurate SpeedLine system configurations, quotes and proposals for prospect and customers' needs, including software, service and hardware options, as per process.
- Handle After-Market Sales requests from current accounts and distribute as necessary.
- Provide service renewal and recovery assistance as required.
- Liaise with the Inside Sales Manager to contribute to and establish effective processes that support Sales at SpeedLine.
- Communicate with the Inside Sales Manager on current installs and take necessary action.
- Collaborate with the Sales Coordinator to collect all required documentation for completed sales.
- Provide all sales-related reports or documents as required.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Maintain relationships with lease companies and keep up to date with current leases.
- Collaborate with the Sales Coordinator to ensure deposits and final payments are received.
- Prospect, qualify and close business with prospects and customers.
- Take the initiative and be resourceful in developing and growing account territory.
- Use critical questions and provide expert insights into how to run a better pizza business with POS technology.
- Support and leverage other channel efforts, field marketing, product launches and desirable sales generating programs as required.
- Alert the company to opportunities to showcase innovation and develop better marketing or communication collateral.
- Ensure company is aware of changes in external attitudes, opportunities, economic changes or other variables that would affect the funnel and pipeline.
- Build sales funnel through constant contact with prospects, and update all information collected in CRM.
- Track client satisfaction and initiate corrective action if needed.
- Ensure proper collection of all required documents before signing-off and moving forward on projects.
- Manage and deal with employee and client relationships in a way that prevents and resolves problems effectively and earns greater employee engagement.
- Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships to ensure overall success of operational and corporate initiatives.
- Stay current with the pizza industry through regular research (i.e. reading industry magazines, reviewing credible blogs).
- Perform other duties as required.
The following are responsibilities of all SpeedLine employees:
- Champion and model the corporate vision, mission, and values as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Conduct oneself with honesty, integrity, morality, and fairness.
- Encourage by example by demonstrating commitment and dedication in all that you do.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of the position, and participate in job-related training programs or associated personal development initiatives as required.
- Maintain a strong understanding and working proficiency of the product line and all tools required to perform the job effectively.
- Stay current with, understand and adhere to all company processes, best practices, your job expectations and processes specific to your job.
- Recommend and participate in the development of company policies and procedures.
- Record all customer events and key internal projects in the CRM.
- Consistently strive to improve efficiency, lower costs, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Ensures there is an active back-up plan in place for all your duties to cover absenteeism.
- Review email daily paying attention to detail. Flag emails for further review if time does not allow you to review it in detail upon first review.
- Effectively manage your schedule and commitments.
- Minimum four years proven direct sales and account management experience preferably with a software company or similar business-to-business sales environment.
- Strong business and financial acumen to understand the financial needs of the prospects and to determine which prospects and opportunities are worth pursuing.
- Proven ability to qualify leads, use consultative approach to sales and close deals.
- Experience in funnel management, lead tracking and account management, in a professional sales environment.
- Post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate program in a relevant business, sales, or marketing discipline.
- Sales and account management training.
- Natural networker, relationship builder and closer, able to build instant rapport on the phone.
- Strong self-motivation, multi-tasking, planning, time management and decision making skills.
- Strong business acumen to understand the needs of the prospects and to determine which prospects and opportunities are worth pursuing.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and retain strong client relationships.
- Good knowledge of the software sales environment.
- Good verbal, written, presentation, consultative selling, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, outgoing, confident, and authentic personal presentation.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and proficient in balancing operational requirements with employee needs.
- Good project management skills.
- Proactive and energetic personality.
- Good typing and computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and the Internet.
- Available to travel on occasion.
- Available to work a flexible schedule.
- High school graduate (Grade 12 or equivalent).
- Have and maintain a valid BC driver’s license.
- Have and maintain a valid passport.
To help you succeed we provide a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a comfortable, friendly work environment.
Clearly outlining your relevant experience, please email your resume and cover with the subject line "Corporate Account Manager - Your Name". Please use PDF format only for attachments.
No telephone inquiries please. Must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The world market for pizza is $128 billion each year. Restaurant delivery is growing consistently in pizza, and explosively in the restaurant industry as a whole. That's great news at SpeedLine, where our local team develops, markets, and supports the leading point of sale solution for this large, technology-hungry industry. Since 1990, we have delivered software solutions to thousands of pizza, quick service, and multi-concept restaurants and chains.
Apply Online or Apply by Email
- Email your resume and cover letter, outlining your related experience, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All attachments should be in PDF format.
- The email subject is the position you are applying for.