Too often, we hear stories of POS vendors whose attention to service tails off shortly after the check is cut. This can leave restaurant owners scrambling to maintain their systems, and failing to get the most out of their technology investment.
If you’re shopping for a POS system or other restaurant technology, one of the important things to consider is what happens after the system is installed and paid for. Does the vendor offer ongoing support? Menu and setting management services? Online training materials? Aftermarket equipment options?
SpeedLine clients, for instance, choose from a wide range of services that begin—and continue—after the installation and training specialist leaves the store:
- Standard Support: Call our in-house Support Center toll free for live product support from friendly, certified point of sale technicians.
- Second Level Support: Do you have your own IT staff? Second-Level Support can be a cost-saving option for franchisees. With this option, train a representative from your organization as a SpeedLine technician, certified to field calls from your stores. Our project specialists provide backup as you need it for troubleshooting.
- Store Management Services: Are you part of a restaurant management group that lacks the time or aptitude to manage your POS settings and menu changes? Leave it to us, so you can concentrate on your core business. The SpeedLine Store Management Program provides a full-service, turnkey menu management and POS system administration.
- Aftermarket Sales: Shop our convenient online store to pick up extra equipment or supplies when you need them.
- Support Advisories: Subscribe to Support Advisories to receive email notices of critical updates for your POS and related software. This includes updates that affect PCI compliance.
- Customer Website: Our client website is a convenient resource for new POS owners. Even before your system is installed, you can access SpeedLine INSITE for install planning help, a library of training videos, product documentation, a user forum, and a knowledge base with over 550 in-depth and how-to articles.
- Customer Newsletters: The monthly POS Quick Tips newsletter delivers tips and ideas for using your new POS to the fullest to your inbox. And you can always check back here at the On Point blog, for more tips and ideas.
A point of sale system is a major investment. Look for a vendor who is committed to establishing and maintaining a lifelong relationship with you and your restaurant company.
Posted on Wed, Mar 08, 2017 @ 08:03 AM.
Updated on June 4, 2020 @ 9:08 PM PST.
Writes guides, online help, and training content for SpeedLine POS users. An avid hiker and dancer, Lisa also enjoys learning new and exciting things.