At SpeedLine, we’re passionate about delivering products and services that make our clients successful. That’s our mission, and we work hard to achieve it. A leading tech employer in the Fraser Valley since 1990, SpeedLine is the leading developer of pizza delivery point of sale (POS) software in North America. We’re in a dynamic slice of the software industry, creating and supporting technology solutions that help restaurant chains deliver millions of pizzas each week. Today, we're growing quickly to develop and market the next generation of restaurant ordering and delivery software, built on the latest cloud technologies.
The Support Manager’s primary responsibility is to ensure the ongoing successful operation of the Technical Support department, ensuring a balance between efficiency, cost, quality, and customer satisfaction.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain service levels goals and standards for customer service and technical support services.
- Provide leadership and manage the day-to-day activities of a call center team, providing the best possible customer service within the entitlement of support agreements, and overseeing the successful completion of support projects assigned to the team.
- Analyze call data and manage changes and trends in call volume to ensure service levels are met.
- Develop, recommend, and partner with other members of the leadership team to implement, maintain and champion strategies, goals, programs, processes.
- Manage staff to drive profitable revenue through existing services (such as Support Agreements) and by identifying new services and service opportunities.
- Lead initiatives in hiring and onboarding new Support employees.
- Actively manage all Support department CRM call queues, including performing required queue reviews and queue audits, and ensuring timely and accurate call/project handling.
- Partner with the Customer Service Manager in setting annual budgetary needs for the Support Department and managing some financials.
- Review, define scope of, and distribute all Support projects to staff as necessary to balance workloads, workflow, and customer service levels.
- Manage and administer all Support employee incentive programs.
- Create, own, and manage the completion of project plans for department and customer projects.
- Oversee planning and execution of special customer projects and ensure that the appropriate level of communication and quality of work is achieved with the customer and internal stakeholders at all points of the project.
- Accept, manage, track, and resolve internal and external escalations ensuring complete plans of action and resolution achieved.
- Resolve issues impacting the Support department, escalating to and partnering with the Customer Service Manager when necessary.
- Investigate, analyze, and develop plans of action to improve employee and department performance.
- Manage and ensure accuracy in staff plans, schedules, attendance, pay banks, overtime, and payroll for direct reports.
- Participate in product development by communicating feedback on desired product features, recurring problems, and training needs.
- Assist with Support Agreement retention and recovery initiatives to maximize the number of customers with active agreements.
- Perform regular quality assurance audits, providing plans of action, and coaching support staff.
- Provide leadership and coaching to staff, including evaluating and managing performance.
- Determine and deliver performance, corrective, and disciplinary actions to direct reports, up to and including employment terminations.
- Identify, prepare, and provide support for professional and performance objectives for direct reports.
- Review, deliver feedback to staff, and provide summaries and plans of action for customer satisfaction surveys, Tech Feedback surveys, and post-installation follow-up calls.
- Lead regular team meetings with all direct reports and conduct monthly formal one-on-one coaching and development meetings with all direct reports.
- Create and administer career development plans for each direct report. All employees reporting to the Support Manager should feel supported in achieving their career goals.
Skills We Require:
- Minimum three years’ experience in a team management capacity, with over ten direct reports at a time.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a customer service or technical support environment.
- Minimum one year project management or related work experience.
- Proven track record of developing and motivating employees.
- Sound knowledge and proven management of call center or customer service performance metrics.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, customer service and leadership skills.
- Proactive and energetic personality.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing processes and implementing them.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently, problem-solve, and perform a variety of tasks.
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
Skills We Prefer:
- Post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate program in a related field.
- Knowledge of restaurant operations and the technical requirements of a successful point of sale installation.
- Have and maintain a valid BC driver’s license.
- Have and maintain a valid passport.
Pay and Benefits:
- Working with our in-house developed and managed software POS systems.
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive benefits package (medical and dental).
- Paid annual vacation.
- Annual compensation review.
- Group RRSP.
- Paid training program.
- Ongoing refresher training and associate programs, to support your professional growth, career path, and long term success.
- Regular one-on-one coaching sessions.
- Company support for employee wellness, fun, and giving back through Health & Wellness, Green, and Giving committee events and initiatives.
- Regular onsite and offsite staff social events throughout the year hosted by our Social Committee.
- Comfortable and friendly work environment.
- Game room, lunch room, TV lounge as well as free parking, coffee and tea.
Clearly outlining your relevant experience, please email your resume and cover with the subject line "Support Manager - Your Name". Please use PDF format only for attachments.
No telephone inquiries please. Must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The world market for pizza is $128 billion each year. Restaurant delivery is growing consistently in pizza, and explosively in the restaurant industry as a whole. That's great news at SpeedLine, where our local team develops, markets, and supports the leading point of sale solution for this large, technology-hungry industry. Since 1990, we have delivered software solutions to thousands of pizza, quick service, and multi-concept restaurants and chains. With more than 90% of our customers on ongoing support contracts, our service.
Apply Online or Apply by Email
- Email your resume and cover letter, outlining your related experience, to: email@example.com.
- All attachments should be in PDF format.
- The email subject is the position you are applying for.