At SpeedLine, we’re passionate about delivering products and services that make our clients successful. That’s our mission, and we work hard to achieve it. A leading tech employer in the Fraser Valley since 1990, SpeedLine is the leading developer of pizza delivery point of sale (POS) software in North America. We’re in a dynamic slice of the software industry, creating and supporting technology solutions that help restaurant chains deliver millions of pizzas each week. Today, we're growing quickly to develop and market the next generation of restaurant ordering and delivery software, built on the latest cloud technologies.
Our expanding Development team is seeking an outstanding software developer co-op student on a 4 month term to help tackle the exciting technical opportunities ahead. You will be a key part of flexible teams, developing a cloud-enabled platform in a highly collaborative environment. If you’re interested in innovating and gaining experience in a complex and ever-changing global industry, we'd like to talk with you.
Contribute to the development of the SpeedLine product architecture. We are constantly experimenting with technologies.
Right now, we are heavily engaged in development using:
- A wide array of Amazon AWS services including Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, CloudFront
- Node.js, TypeScript
- Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL
- Develop, modify, integrate and maintain a wide range of software features for the SpeedLine POS product line
- Work with management personnel and project teams to clarify project intent and determine programming requirements
- Deliver quality source code in a structured and growing development shop - a continuous integration environment with automated testing
- Design and develop data structures, algorithms, user interfaces, etc.
- Write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections
- Improve your skills and be mentored by others through peer code reviews
Skills We Require:
- Knowledgeable in programming languages, coding techniques, file access methods, and testing techniques
- Up-to-date with state-of-the-art development techniques, and advocates their implementation in the company
- Self-motivated and can effectively manage time in a fast paced environment
- Strong logical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
Skills We Prefer:
- Experience with financial transactions
- Database programming experience
- Experience with Object Oriented Design (OOD)
- Knowledgeable in one or more of the following:
- C, C++, C#, Delphi, Java, SQL
Pay and Benefits:
- Opportunities to grow your knowledge and skills in cloud computing and new technologies.
- Flexibility regarding working hours and practices with core hours.
- Competitive salary.
- Paid training program.
- Regular one-on-one coaching sessions.
- Company support for employee wellness, fun, and giving back through Health & Wellness, Green, and Giving committee events and initiatives.
- Regular onsite and offsite staff social events throughout the year hosted by our Social Committee.
- Comfortable and friendly work environment. Game room, lunch room, free parking, coffee and tea, and TV lounge.
If you are committed to teamwork and excellence, and are interested in working for a company where you are supported to write high-quality code, we would love to hear from you.
Clearly outlining your relevant experience, please email your resume, cover letter and your University transcript with the subject line "Software Developer – Co-Op - Your Name". Please use PDF format only for attachments.
No telephone inquiries please. Must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The world market for pizza is $128 billion each year. Restaurant delivery is growing consistently in pizza, and explosively in the restaurant industry as a whole. That's great news at SpeedLine, where our local team develops, markets, and supports the leading point of sale solution for this large, technology-hungry industry. Since 1990, we have delivered software solutions to thousands of pizza, quick service, and multi-concept restaurants and chains. With more than 90% of our customers on ongoing support contracts, our service.
Apply Online or Apply by Email
- To help you succeed, we provide a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a comfortable, friendly work environment.
- No telephone inquiries please.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.