At SpeedLine, we’re passionate about delivering products and services that make our clients successful. That’s our mission, and we work hard to achieve it. A leading tech employer in the Fraser Valley since 1990, SpeedLine is the leading developer of pizza delivery point of sale (POS) software in North America. We’re in a dynamic slice of the software industry, creating and supporting technology solutions that help restaurant chains deliver millions of pizzas each week. Today, we're growing quickly to develop and market the next generation of restaurant ordering and delivery software, built on the latest cloud technologies.
Market the point of sale software solutions restaurant companies use to deliver millions of pizzas every week. SpeedLine is the leading provider of innovative POS software to pizza restaurant chains across North America. We're looking for an exceptional leader for our marketing team in Abbotsford.
Oversee all brand and marketing programs, including research, positioning and strategy. Manage all aspects of marketing and promotion, communications, product marketing, and documentation. Develop and direct a comprehensive marketing plan and budget, providing direct leadership to the marketing team. Partner with executive management and sales to achieve or exceed company growth targets. As a senior member of the management team, champion the organization’s goals, objectives, and corporate values.
In this role, you would manage three direct reports, with the potential to add more to support company objectives:
- Marketing Specialist
- Graphic Designer/Webmaster
- Technical Documentation Specialist
- Oversee company marketing strategy and tactical plans and implementation.
- Research, analyze, and evaluate industry and market conditions, and develop brand positioning.
- Design and develop effective marketing strategies to generate leads and increase sales volume, customer loyalty, and brand awareness.
- Develop an annual marketing budget, and create and direct the implementation of ongoing strategy and tactical plans.
- As communications champion for the company, develop systems to ensure that external publications and communications, and internal communications from the Marketing team, are professional, brand-consistent, accurate, and free from error.
- Develop and manage tools and collateral to drive sales.
- Oversee the client and prospect CRM.
- Develop advertising strategy; oversee the design of advertisements and ad placements.
- Oversee planning and strategy for trade shows and customer conventions.
- Measure and analyze marketing performance, and refine the marketing strategy to improve results.
- In coordination with Customer Service, measure and evaluate customer satisfaction and loyalty, and develop and implement programs to solicit feedback, build community, and help customers derive value from, and recognize the strategic value of, their SpeedLine software.
- Direct the development and implementation of customer communications and ongoing training tools, including newsletters, social media, and websites.
- Manage the ongoing development of user documentation and online training resources to drive customer loyalty through education.
- Develop and implement cooperative marketing programs.
- Oversee the development of formal written proposals and presentations in response to requests for proposal from chain prospects.
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, and manage marketing staff to achieve goals.
- Define and manage marketing projects.
- You have at least 10 years marketing experience, including 5 years in management, and hold a Bachelor’s degree or MBA in marketing or a related subject.
- You are results focused, with a proven ability to exceed objectives.
- You have the research skills and insight to analyze potential markets and develop effective marketing strategies.
- Under your leadership, your teams thrive, understand priorities, deliver great work on time, and build their own skills and abilities.
- You understand marketing performance metrics and projections, and actively put them to work to improve results.
- You have demonstrated experience managing print and online design, communications, content management, email and mobile marketing, media relations, social media, and user documentation.
- You have a valid passport and the ability to travel occasionally to the United States.
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits package (medical and dental)
- Paid annual vacation.
- Annual compensation review.
- Group RRSP.
- Paid training program.
- Ongoing refresher training and associate programs, to support your professional growth, career path, and long term success.
- Regular one-on-one coaching sessions.
- Company support for employee wellness, fun, and giving back through Health & Wellness, Green, and Giving committee events and initiatives.
- Regular onsite and offsite staff social events throughout the year hosted by our Social Committee.
- Comfortable and friendly work environment.
- Game room, lunch room, TV lounge as well as free parking, coffee and tea.
Why this job:
At SpeedLine, we take a balanced approach to work, and offer a flexible work environment. We hold ourselves to high standards and work together to achieve more. Our team is effective at work so we have time to enjoy our lives outside of work. Conveniently located in Abbotsford, SpeedLine is an easy commute from anywhere in the Fraser Valley.
If you are committed to fostering teamwork and excellence, and want to be part of a company where you are supported to deliver results, we would like to hear from you.
Clearly outlining your relevant experience, please email your resume and cover with the subject line "Marketing Manager - Your Name". Please use PDF format only for attachments.
No telephone inquiries please. Must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The world market for pizza is $128 billion each year. Restaurant delivery is growing consistently in pizza, and explosively in the restaurant industry as a whole. That's great news at SpeedLine, where our local team develops, markets, and supports the leading point of sale solution for this large, technology-hungry industry. Since 1990, we have delivered software solutions to thousands of pizza, quick service, and multi-concept restaurants and chains. With more than 90% of our customers on ongoing support contracts, our service.