At SpeedLine, we’re passionate about delivering products and services that make our clients successful. That’s our mission, and we work hard to achieve it. A leading tech employer in the Fraser Valley since 1990, and a Top 100 Tech Company in BC, SpeedLine is the leading developer of pizza delivery point of sale (POS) software in North America. We’re in a dynamic slice of the software industry, creating and supporting technology solutions that help restaurant chains deliver millions of pizzas each week. Today, we're growing quickly to develop and market the next generation of restaurant ordering and delivery software, built on the latest cloud technologies.
The HR Generalist/Recruiter supports Executive initiatives and works collaboratively at all levels within the organization, promoting best practices and equal opportunity.
As a key member of the team, the incumbent is expected to consistently demonstrate and encourage in others the organization’s core corporate values.
Some Key Responsibilities
Recruiting and Retention:
- Partner with executive management in managing recruiting and onboarding policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Liaise with Marketing and department managers in the creation and maintenance of job profiles and job ad descriptions
- Create specific recruitment materials and ads and place as necessary to target appropriately qualified applicants.
- Setup and maintain positive relationships with local universities, employment resource centers, and external recruiters.
- Prepare for and represent the Company at job fairs.
- Screen, assess, and shortlist candidates.
General Human Resources Administration:
- Act as a resource to employees at all levels in the interpretation of employment policies, legislation, and human rights.
- Respond to, or correctly redirect, employee suggestions and inquiries.
- Promptly update and maintain employee personal profiles in select databases and tracking systems, and maintain paper-based personnel files.
- Ensure alignment between company policy and legislation.
- Assist in improving employee engagement, performance, security, safety, and wellness.
- Research and interpret legislation to assist in developing and maintaining internal policies.
Program and Plan Administration:
- Administer group health benefits, including enrolling and removing employees, fielding inquiries, liaising with providers, researching and administering changes, assisting in renewal negotiations, ensuring employee contributions are setup for payroll, and analyzing usage reports.
- Administer GRRSP plans, including enrolling employees, fielding inquiries, liaising with providers, and ensuring employee contributions are set up for payroll.
- In collaboration with the Safety Committee co-chairs, ensure WorkSafeBC and WA L&I requirements are met.
- Lead the administration of WorkSafeBC and WA L&I documents and other reporting.
- Administer the Employee Referral Program, including encouraging staff to help advertise the external positions available and tracking and analyzing program performance
Direct Support and Assistance to Leadership Team:
- Partner with management to implement and maintain employee management policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance in the administration of performance management; support department managers throughout the progressive discipline process, up to and including termination of employment.
- Assist, support, and guide managers in preparing and delivering performance improvement plans, performance development plans, performance warnings, and other employee documents that are to be aligned to company expectations and standards.
- Assist executive management in establishing and maintaining an organizational structure and staffing to accomplish the organization's goals and objectives effectively.
- Recommend, develop, and administer, in partnership with the management team, employee engagement strategies and company processes to support the corporate business plan and to support staff efficiently and effectively.
Skills We Require:
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in a hands-on Human Resources Generalist role.
- Minimum 3-years’ experience recruiting employees, with a solid ability to conduct different types of interviews and hands on experience with various selection processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of general HR practices and procedures.
- Minimum 1-year post-secondary education in Human Resources.
- Keen understanding of the need for confidentiality.
- Keen attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy is essential.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interact comfortably and confidently with all contacts.
- Able to remain calm, focused, and professional in a high-pressure environment that is subject to constant interruptions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain professional relationships at all levels.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; demonstrated accurate keyboarding skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills, organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Positive, proactive, self-motivated, and results oriented.
- Able to serve as an interface for the organization.
- Demonstrated excellence writing policies and performance management documents.
- Able to learn quickly, evaluate and analyze information, solve problems, and perform a variety of tasks.
- Equally comfortable working independently or as a contributor in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and comply with Canadian payroll legislation and associated processes.
Skills We Prefer:
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation.
- Understanding of U.S. payroll legislation.
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive benefits package. (medical and dental)
- Paid annual vacation.
- Annual compensation review.
- Group RRSP.
- Paid training program.
- Ongoing refresher training and associate programs, to support your professional growth, career path, and long term success.
- Regular one-on-one coaching sessions.
- Company support for employee wellness, fun, and giving back through Health & Wellness, Green, and Giving committee events and initiatives.
- Regular onsite and offsite staff social events throughout the year hosted by our Social Committee.
- Comfortable and friendly work environment.
- Game room, lunch room, TV lounge as well as free parking, coffee and tea.
Clearly outlining your relevant experience, please email your resume and cover with the subject line "HR Generalist/Recruiter - Your Name". Please use PDF format only for attachments.
No telephone inquiries please. Must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The world market for pizza is $128 billion each year. Restaurant delivery is growing consistently in pizza, and explosively in the restaurant industry as a whole. That's great news at SpeedLine, where our local team develops, markets, and supports the leading point of sale solution for this large, technology-hungry industry. Since 1990, we have delivered software solutions to thousands of pizza, quick service, and multi-concept restaurants and chains.
Apply Online or Apply by Email
- Email your resume and cover letter, outlining your related experience, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All attachments should be in PDF format.
- The email subject is the position you are applying for.