Location: Abbotsford Office
At SpeedLine, we’re passionate about delivering products and services that make our clients successful. That’s our mission, and we work hard to achieve it. A leading tech employer in the Fraser Valley since 1990, SpeedLine is the leading developer of pizza delivery point of sale (POS) software in North America. We’re in a dynamic slice of the software industry, creating and supporting technology solutions that help restaurant chains deliver millions of pizzas each week. Today, we're growing quickly to develop and market the next generation of restaurant ordering and delivery software, built on the latest cloud technologies.
Are you looking for an entry level opportunity to work within the tech industry? We are looking for a customer focused, tech savvy, results driven, detail oriented customer service representative to join our support team. You will work directly with our in-house support staff to successfully support our amazing customers in the operation of their SpeedLine Solutions POS system.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct proactive and follow-up calls to customers for special non-technical projects or project follow-ups.
- Call customers to solicit support contract renewals and recoveries, and assist them to obtain coverage.
- Obtain customer retention or cancellation information when more details are needed.
- Effectively communicate policies, procedures, and product changes to customers.
- Conduct customer reviews, calls and surveys.
- Conduct system requirement checks with customers.
- Perform initial steps to investigate product alerts received from stores.
- Assist customers with after-market sales inquiries.
- Ensure applicable support fees are collected as required.
- Analyze support trends and key call drivers, and forward recommendations for action.
Skills We Require:
- Minimum of one year’s experience in a primarily phone-based customer service position.
- Minimum one year’s experience as an administrative assistant or other support/assistant role.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, especially when communicating by phone.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with excellent typing and computer skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Passionate about speaking with customers over the phone.
- Positive and energetic personality.
- Attention to detail, and the ability to juggle multiple projects and react quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently, problem-solve, and perform a variety of tasks.
- Ability to serve as an interface for the company.
- Available to work a flexible schedule.
- High school graduate (Grade 12 or equivalent).
Skills We Prefer:
- Knowledge of restaurant operations and the technical requirements of a successful point of sale installation.
- A post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate program in a related field.
- Computer hardware, operating system, small network and system support knowledge and experience.
Pay and Benefits:
- Working with our in-house developed and managed software POS systems.
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive benefits package (medical and dental).
- Paid annual vacation.
- Annual compensation review.
- Group RRSP.
- Paid training program.
- Ongoing refresher training and associate programs, to support your professional growth, career path, and long term success.
- Regular one-on-one coaching sessions.
- Company support for employee wellness, fun, and giving back through Health & Wellness, Green, and Giving committee events and initiatives.
- Regular onsite and offsite staff social events throughout the year hosted by our Social Committee.
- Comfortable and friendly work environment. Game room, lunch room, free parking, coffee and tea, and TV lounge.
Clearly outlining your relevant experience, please email your resume and cover with the subject line "Customer Service Representative - Your Name". Please use PDF format only for attachments.
No telephone inquiries please. Must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The world market for pizza is $128 billion each year. Restaurant delivery is growing consistently in pizza, and explosively in the restaurant industry as a whole. That's great news at SpeedLine, where our local team develops, markets, and supports the leading point of sale solution for this large, technology-hungry industry. Since 1990, we have delivered software solutions to thousands of pizza, quick service, and multi-concept restaurants and chains. With more than 90% of our customers on ongoing support contracts, our service
Apply Online or Apply by Email
- Email your resume and cover letter, outlining your related experience, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All attachments should be in PDF format.
- The email subject is the position you are applying for.