Location: Abbotsford, BC
Take the next step to launch your corporate sales career. Develop and close sales with independent restaurants and small multi-unit accounts. This includes recruiting, managing and expanding relationships to drive ongoing sales of SpeedLine POS software solutions.
The Account Manager will work in collaboration with the Sales Manager.
There are no positions reporting to the Account Manager.
Include, but are not limited to, the following. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Strategic Direction & Action:
The following are responsibilities specific to strategic direction and action:
- Develop and close single to small multi-unit account opportunities
- Deliver an accurate sales forecast by creating the systems, and discipline to work on the right opportunities in the most effective way that gets the business.
- Provide the Sales Manager with frequent reporting about the status of accounts.
- Work directly with the Sales Manager if assistance is required in closing the sale.
- Retain existing accounts through exemplary customer service.
- Follow defined Account Management Process to ensure Single Point of Contact with accounts.
- Review and evaluate market conditions and, based on analysis, design and develop aggressive sales strategies, to increase sales volume potential.
- Articulate the SpeedLine platform architecture, and identify the SpeedLine business value.
- Field initial inquiries and escalate, as necessary, to the proper department, then provide the resolution back to the customer to close the loop.
- Partner with accounts on strategic upgrade plans.
- Travel to represent the organization at trade shows, conferences and customer/prospect offices to engage with prospects and customers.
Operational & Financial Effectiveness:
The following are responsibilities specific to operational and financial effectiveness:
- Consistently meet or exceed performance targets and goals as defined by the Sales Manager.
- Manage leads and work in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing staff to leverage leads and address the quality and quantity.
- Collaborate with available resources to complete product demos, conduct a needs analysis and provide all information necessary for prospects and customers to make an informed decision.
- Ensure that all calls, contacts, and follow-up with prospects and customers are completed within guidelines set by the Sales Manager.
- Document all telephone, sales activity, and follow-up calls, using the CRM.
- Handle After-Market Sales requests from current accounts and distribute as necessary.
- Liaise with the Sales Manager to contribute to and establish effective processes that support Sales at SpeedLine.
- Collaborate with the Sales Coordinator to collect all required documentation for completed sales.
- Provide all sales-related reports or documents as required.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Prospect, qualify and close business with prospects and customers.
- Take the initiative and be resourceful in developing and growing account territory.
- Use critical questions and provide expert insights into how to run a better pizza business with POS technology.
- Alert the company to opportunities to showcase innovation and develop better marketing or communication collateral.
- Build sales funnel through constant contact with prospects, and update all information collected in CRM.
- Track client satisfaction and initiate corrective action if needed.
- Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships to ensure overall success of operational and corporate initiatives.
- Stay current with the pizza industry through regular research (i.e. reading industry magazines, reviewing credible blogs).
- Perform other duties as required.
The following are responsibilities of all SpeedLine employees:
- Maintain a current working knowledge of the position, and participate in job-related training programs or associated personal development initiatives as required.
- Maintain a strong understanding and working proficiency of the product line and all tools required to perform the job effectively.
- Stay current with, understand and adhere to all company processes, best practices, your job expectations and processes specific to your job.
- Recommend and participate in the development of company policies and procedures.
- Record all customer events and key internal projects in the CRM.
- Consistently strive to improve efficiency, lower costs, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Manage email effectively.
- Effectively manage your schedule and commitments.
- Minimum two years proven direct sales and account management experience preferably with a software company or similar business-to-business sales environment.
- Strong business and financial acumen to understand the financial needs of the prospects and to determine which prospects and opportunities are worth pursuing.
- Proven ability to qualify leads, use consultative approach to sales and close deals.
- Experience in funnel management, lead tracking and account management, in a professional sales environment.
- Post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate program in a relevant business, sales, or marketing discipline.
- Sales and account management training.
- Natural networker, relationship builder and closer, able to build instant rapport on the phone.
- Strong self-motivation, multi-tasking, planning, time management and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and retain strong client relationships.
- Good knowledge of the software sales environment.
- Good verbal, written, presentation, consultative selling, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, outgoing, confident, and authentic personal presentation.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and proficient in balancing operational requirements with employee needs.
- Proactive and energetic personality.
- Good typing and computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and the internet.
- Available to travel on occasion.
- Have and maintain a valid BC driver’s license and valid passport.
Our Recruitment Process
Our interview process includes several stages, each one allowing us get to know you better, professionally and technically. It is also an opportunity for you to gain a better understanding of our culture and the work we do here at SpeedLine. The stages include a prescreen problem solving and code test, short phone interview, and a face to face interview with members of our development team.
How long will the process take?
Depends! Usually 1 to 2 weeks. We are quite good about reviewing all applications, but it depends on your availability and convenience.
To help you succeed we provide competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a comfortable, friendly work environment. We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Online or Apply by Email
- All attachments should be in PDF format.
- Please use "Account Manager - Your Name" as the subject line.
- Clearly outline your relevant experience in your resume and cover letter.
- No telephone inquiries please.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.